The Manta Ray usually takes pride of place in our displays at the top of the stack. It is a powerful and efficient kite, producing ferocious lift in strong wind. The Maxi version of this kite is not for the faint of heart - don't put it up unless you know how you are going to get it back down! There are several variations available.
- Patchwork Manta Ray
- This is the original Manta Ray, with a patchwork of hundreds of coloured pieces, in a rainbow pattern,
- Single Colour Manta Ray
- This is a similar design but with a single colour skin, which reduces the work and therefore the price. You can get interesting colour effects by choosing a different colour for the top and the bottom. The Al-Farsi team in Kuwait have one with yellow above and blue below for a wonderful green result.
- Tattoo 9Kg Manta Ray
- Designed especially for flyers fighting with airline baggage limits, the 9Kg ray is just a bit smaller than the Maxi, with similar visual impact. It has a Maori inspired tattoo design
- Andreas Manta Ray
- A variation designed by Andres Fischbacher, this Ray is much closer in likeness to a real manta ray, with detailed mouth parts. The Andreas ray has a very sophisticated internal bracing system and forocious pull. The flight is a little less stable than the Peter Lynn version.
- Ultralight Manta Ray
- A special fabric is manufactured in Korea where the individual fibres are half the diameter that they are normally. This makes the fabric extra light weight but it pushes the price up because it takes twice as long to manufacture. No-one holds this fabric in stock because of the cost and the minimum order quantity is 1Kilometer. So we gathered a group of fliers who all wanted an ultralight kite and ordered the fabric. Those are now all built, so if you want an ultralight, the lead time and price is difficult to guess.
Use these tools to choose the colours for your ray:
- Micro Ray Paintbox
- Single Colour Midi Ray Paintbox
- Single Colour 9Kg Ray Paintbox
- Single Colour Maxi Ray Paintbox
- Andreas Ray Paintbox
- Patchwork Ray Spreadsheet (Midi and Maxi)
Designed and manufactured by Peter Lynn
|Maxi Ultralight Single Colour Manta Ray||30m x 10mm||£POA|
Pick an appropriate currency:
Talk to us about custom, ready to fly bundles (typically including kite, main line, pilot kite, pilot line and compression bag to suit your needs). All prices subject to confirmation. Prices in GBP (£), Euro (€), PLN or SEK are VAT paid. Shipping added at cost. Non European prices only available outside the European Union. Additional taxes and fees may be payable in some territories. Errors and omissions excepted. The items above are not toys, they are not intended for use in play by children under 14 years of age.